Tuesday, July 22, 2008

High Frequency Pings

Our game is at 8pm tonight and I plan to get out to the field with my brother at about 7pm to warmup. As you know we play The Chieftons, which is a team we took to extra innings and lost 4-2.

With a victory we would move up a spot and be tied for 9th place. With a loss we might be basement dwellers once again.

We have exactly 10 for the game tonight with the debut of The Joke Writer as our pitcher. Pete has been instructed to kiss the sky with his pitches, get high like Jimi Hendrix and put the Cheiftons in a green haze.

One quick story. So I was drinking beers Friday night with some folks who live on Washington and back up to Howard Park. A certain woman says to me, "So, did you have the Cougars out for a practice on Sunday morning?" I said, "Yup, we got out there at about 7am and were out there for a couple hours." She said, "Yes, (pause) I know, you woke me up!" "Really," I said, "There were only five of us, I didn't think we were talking that loud." She said, "It was the bat hitting the ball that woke me up." That is just awesome! At first I figured she heard a hungover Trouter holding court in left field holding his Venti Iced Americano and catching balls with his non-injured hand, then I realized our sweet swings are waking up the neighborhood. That is beautiful.

Let's be aggressive and hear some high frequency pings tonight! See you out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment