Tuesday, April 15, 2008

16" Softball League

The last time I assembled a 16" softball team we went undefeated and won the championship, although that was in the 6th grade. Like I have mentioned to a number of you already, the main goal with this team is to get a night out, be relatively competitive and quaff a few cold ones after the game.

We will have one game per night on Tuesday nights and the games are between 6:30pm and 10:00pm at Howard Park. The league starts April 29th and ends August 12th. We have 13 on the roster and need to field 10 each game. A number of people travel for business and we have summer vacations as well as other family stuff, so just in case I have 3 alternates who will not be on the official team but can fill in if needed.

The cost for the league is $800 and per person is is about $61.50. I will submit the roster and money in the next few days and you can pay me the entry fee in the next couple weeks. Also, once I get the rules I will forward them along.

A few people have asked about having a practice or two before the first game because they have never played 16" or it has been a while (1991 for me). If anyone would like, I am available this Friday after 5:30 or Saturday until 3:00. At a minimum we need 3 people and we can be done in an hour. We can try for Friday at 6:00 or Saturday at 9:00 or 1:00. Let me know your availability.

We already have a pitcher (Melchiorre), which is one of the toughest slots to fill and if anyone else has a desired position just let me know. Otherwise we can figure it out at a practice/game. We also need a team name so I am happy to hear any suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment