Monday, April 21, 2008

Practice Update

Well, a good practice was had on Saturday morning. Martin was hungover, Bobis has a sore arm, Fortier ripped up his hands, Lipinski brought us our team mascot (Frisco), Danielsen can hit a ball over the trees, Hoglund realized they don't play this type of ball in Cali, I have no idea how McDonnell will continue his dentistry practice with a hand that will eventually be wrapped in gauze from a line drive injury and I suffered a skinned leg from sliding into second base (safely). Seriously, so long as we play good and smart defense, we should be just fine.

A few housecleaning items:

Like with the activities for kids, someone needs to bring the postgame snack. We will get the schedule soon but I do know Bobis is up first for bringing the beer on 04/29 since we will go in alphabetical order.

We have had our first roster move. My brother-in-law, Otsuka, has been moved to the practice team and will be there for us when we are shorthanded. My brother, Marc, has been moved up to first team and is fired up to travel from the south side each week for the games.

One of my main goals in the league is to not forfeit a game. For the first game I know that Danielsen and Fortier will not be there. Let me know if you will be not be there on the 29th.

The request for a couple more practices will be heeded. We will definitely have one Saturday from 8-10. Show up when/if you can and leave when you want. The reason for the early and longer time is because I know a few people can only make it before 9 and some are probably only waking up at 9. Any other weekday night is fine with me and I suggest Wednesday at 6:30. Let me know your interest (or lack thereof).

The team name name still needs to be chosen by tomorrow. Here are the entries: Off Together, Pop Outs (or Pops Out), Balls Deep, Tuesday Night Hall Pass, Dead Cougars, Slaughter Rule Clinchers, Big Balls in Town, Pop Flops, Have Nots, Batmen, Louisville Sloggers, Sons of Pitches, Four Baggers, Clinchers, and Pop Tops. I was liking Off Together because it made me laugh. But then Fortier said that what if our opponent is about to beat Off Together and then come from behind and get us in the end, and I started liking some other names better. Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment