Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Best Men

Let's just get it out of the way.  We lost to Double Cross 6-2 in the first round of the playoffs.  

Season over.

The Cougars are married to each other for 16 weeks a year.  Every Tuesday is a like a wedding in which we are joined together by a diamond.  We don our green garb - no white wedding for us.  Our friends and family come out to watch us unite.  The ceremony lasts under an hour and the reception lasts for more than three hours (and we have plenty of off-season poker stag parties). 

As we close out the softball season, I'd like to give a toast to all of my Cougar partners.

Well, a 19-year-old Li'l Rads can say it better than me.

I can't tell you how much I am...so...proud of you...words can't express...how much...how far you've come.




Earlier this season the Cougars played on the night Julie and I celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary.

Maybe for our 20th, Julie and I will renew our vows.

If so, I know who my 18 best men would be.  Cheers to you all, my brothers.




No comments:

Post a Comment