Thursday, June 19, 2008

Swing Coach

We are 0-7 and need help. Our defense is slowly improving and will get better over time the more we get out there to play and practice. Our hitting is a different story. We have trouble getting consecutive hits, which translates into zero run production. If you take away our 6 run game vs. SLAM, we have 5 runs in 6 games. Not good. Put another way, we scored 45% of our total runs in the first inning vs. SLAM. We play Gullivers this week and although they only have 1 win, it looks like they've been pretty competitive in most games.

I have said a few times that I started the team for social reasons but I am very competitive. Man, it felt great to get those runs against SLAM as well as going 8 innings against the Chieftons. We need to put those performances on a repeat cycle and come out with a W.

By searching the internet over the last week, I have found ourselves a 16" swing coach. He has been playing 16" softball for more than two decades. He has not officially been a swing coach for softball but is a golf instructor in his spare time. Put together his long career in softball and his teaching skills and I think I have helped this guy find a new market.

He can come out early Sunday morning and give us an hour or so clinic. I suggested 7:00 or 7:30 am and he is fine with that. You may give up a bit of sleep, but I figure the earlier the better so you don't miss out on family time (plus we are guaranteed a field). This clinic is on my dime and I want to know who can make it.

Shoot me an email today and let me know so I can gauge interest. If you think I'm nuts, you can let me know that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment